11 February 2013

Ceiling, storage and wiring

Having installed some better garage doors I thought it was time to address the ceiling a bit, not only to make it look nicer but also to plug the big air space that made heating the garage pointless.

 The before shot.
12.5mm foil backed plaster board screwed on.  I also installed a wooden loft hatch and folding stairs for access.


View from the top.

I took the opportunity to lay down lighting cable for new workshop lights and for lighting the storage area above and also dropped wiring for 6 additional double power sockets around the garage.
After taping up all the joints with foil tape I laid down 100mm of fibre insulation between the joists.




...and over-boarded with 18mm chipboard flooring.  The new storage space should allow me to keep the garage below nice and tidy.

Plasterers called in to skim the ceiling.












Twin 6ft high frequency fluorescent battens fitted with 70w triphosphor tubes outputting 4800lm in total.

I chose the 3500k colour temperature tubes as I find the cool/daylight ones too stark.

There's one more batten to come which will be fitted under the cupboard above the workbench.

I can see!



No comments:

Post a Comment